Thursday 10 February 2011

Preliminary Magazine Evaluation

In order to coincide with the conventions of other school magazines, my preliminary magazine showed a student at work as it's main image, as this will give the audience the impression of a studious, hardworking school. I have also used the main colours of the school (blue and white), on both the cover and contents as I wish to maintain consistency. The text of both the contents and cover is aligned to the far-left hand side of the page as that is the part of the magazine the audience will see first. As the specification required a photo of a student in mid-close up that is what I have produced.

In assembling the magazine, I learned how to use different layers within Photoshop, as well as the magneto lasso function. I also gained experience in using a digital camera specifically in order to edit them later in Photoshop, as well as taking lighting and shadow into consideration. I could improve upon this, as a photo I took of the school appeared dull due to the prevelance of shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment