Sunday 10 April 2011

Diary Entry for April 10th.

Today I have produced a final, or near final draft of all three aspects of the magazine, cover, contents and double page spread.

At approximately 10 am, I took photos of a model outdoors in order to indicate an outdoor festival scene. I then used enhancing techniques in the Mac program Aperture in order to remove dark shadows.

Photos of the model I took yesterday and on Friday were added to the front cover and contents, replacing my previous model. I also changed the colour scheme of the front cover to orange and black, so as to contrast with the blue clothing he was wearing. This consistency is seen in my contents page, also using an orange and black colour scheme inspired by the contents page of the magazine Tilt.

The orange borders around the images in my contents page were achieved by making an orange box in the shapes tool and placing it behind the image in question. As it would not let me transfer the colour of the text from the title to the box with the eye-dropper, I had to instead copy out the RGB colour coordinates of the title and use them to alter the colour of the boxes. To fully assimilate the layout of the magazine cover into my own, I placed the page number of the advertised feature in the corner of the boxes. I also had to retype the contents page of the magazine, in order to properly reflect the page layout found in an actual magazine.

I have saved four copies of each component of the magazine, two .jpgs and two .psds, on the computer for backup and on my memory stick respectively. The PSDs are for in case I need to make any last-minute adjustments or edits before the deadline, the JPGs having been created from a flattened version of   the photoshop files, in case it turns out I have no need to edit them further. I have also produced A4 prints of the files, to demonstrate what it is they will look like once printed. Over the remaining four days I have, I intend to redo my audience research and analysis, along with accompanying videos of a certain few fellow media students, which will be done at lunchtimes as I live far away enough from most of them that it would be of some inconvenience to them to do the videos at home. I will also finally upload my Initial Ideas Sketch as, though I had intended to upload it prior, technical issues prevented me. I now have a functioning scan of it however, and so nothing can prevent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment